Lasagna is a comfort food loved by many. We’ve put a twist on the traditional recipe by substituting seafood instead of beef or pork, and substituting a white sauce instead of the more traditional red. The result is decadent.
A rich béchamel, complemented by mushrooms and white wine, envelops three kinds of seafood – shrimp, sea scallops, and crab. The preparation comes together fairly quickly, and using no-boil sheets of pasta further speeds up your cooking time.
Serve with a vinaigrette-dressed green salad and crusty bread. A Pinot Gris from would be an ideal wine pairing, as the notes of stone fruit pair well with the seafood and the richness of the béchamel is balanced by the citrus and acidity.
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shrimp, seafood, or chicken stock
- 1 pound uncooked sea scallops cut in quarters
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- dash cayenne pepper
- 12 cooked or no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat the oven to BAKE 350°F. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook until vegetables have softened, 8-10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook until liquid is mostly absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in stock and bring to a simmer. Add scallops, shrimp and ¼ teaspoon salt. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until seafood is mostly cooked through, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the mixture and reserve cooking liquid. Mix the drained shrimp, scallops and vegetables with the crabmeat and set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a saucier pan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth and cook for one minute. Combine half and half and reserved cooking liquid and gradually add to the roux. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, stirring continuously, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon juice and cayenne. Stir ½ cup of the sauce into the seafood mixture. Spread ½ cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread with 1/3 of the seafood mixture. Top with ½ cup sauce. Repeat twice with another layer of noodles, seafood and sauce. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
The Wolf Gourmet countertop oven with convection bakes, broils, roasts, proofs, toasts, and warms – all in a fast, energy efficient way.
4 comments on “White Seafood Lasagna”
Add a Comment
this is a super great recipe
Like to try your recipe but it will not print